Pages

Friday, February 2, 2024

Wat Mettadhamma Pothiyan วัดเมตตาธรรมโพธิญาณ - วิหารพระโพธิสัตว์กวนอิม

I have found a bar in Kanchanaburi to play some darts and have met some really nice people. John has recommend some different places for me to visit and other than beating me at darts he is a really great guy.

John told me there is this Chinese temple that is under construction and tried to describe how to find it. As I was riding to Wat Tham Phu Wa I kept thinking this is the way John was describing. After visiting the temple in my last post I rode on up the hill and found Wat Mettadhamma Pothiyan วัดเมตตาธรรมโพธิญาณ - วิหารพระโพธิสัตว์กวนอิม and am sure this is the one John was talking about.





From the sign up I assume that Thailand will be getting another big Buddha when this temple is complete.





I went in the building that seems to be mostly complete and the statue in the main hall was amazing.

The Buddha with a large number of arms was repeated in all for directions surrounded by huge columns with dragons wrapped around them. I found it really impressive.







The following is a photo of an area where I think they are carving Buddhas to be placed in other areas as they are completed.



I also have to post a picture of a pink elephant when ever I take one.



I will try to go back to this site every few months to see how they move along and to see it when complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment