Pages

Friday, February 2, 2024

Wat Tham Phu Wa วัดถ้ำพุหว้า

After my phone problems on the ride to Huai Mae Khamin Waterfall and Sangkhla Buri I needed to buy a new phone. I am not really good with change so it was hard to do it but bought a phone and spent the next 2 days trying to get it setup. I am still at the stage where I curse and swear at it every time I notice something that is different from my old phone but decided it was time to play tourist and see how the camera works.

I was happy all the places I saved on google maps got moved over to my new phone so picked a spot and headed that way. I like to save places but sometimes I forget why I saved them by the time I go. This is one of those places that I can't recall how I found out about it.

The buildings at Wat Tham Phu Wa วัดถ้ำพุหว้า are rather different looking than any temples I have been to in Thailand. I am not sure if they are just made out of a different type of stone than most temples but I found them rather attractive.

This is the building I saw when I first arrived with the reclining Buddha behind it. There was a single small Buddha in this building and not much else. It seemed very different for a Thai temple to me.





This is the main building to the temple grounds and the interior also appeared very simple to me at first. I then saw stairs going down and was surprised to find that this leads into a cave with a number of chambers. There were a lot of Buddhas and Nagas and the things I am use to seeing in a Thai Buddhist temple. There were also a number of monks doing what ever it is they do when someone is kneeling in front of them.

I liked this simple on top and elaborate below.





There was also a large sitting Buddha next to the main building.



The setting of this temple was also really pretty in what I call the rock outcrops that are all over the Kanchanaburi area. They have some really pretty flowers on the temple grounds and I could not decide which picture I like best so am posting both.





No comments:

Post a Comment