Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Prasat Muang Sing

Last year I followed someone's posts about traveling around in Thailand visiting Khmer ruins and it seemed to spark my interest. Shortly after reading these post I took off on a motorcycle trip visiting some of these Khmer sites going as far as Prasat Sikhorapum in Surin.

In May of this year I took off on another motorcycle tour in route to the Rocket Festival and along the route visited a number of other Khmer ruins including Phimai.

To be honest I am suffering from a bit of Khmer ruin burnout but Prasat Muang Sing was still on my list of places to visit and is about as far west as the Khmer empire reached. It was a very enjoyable ride on the motorbike about 50 kilometers (30 miles) from my home in Kanchanaburi to the site of this ruin.

The entrance fee was a 100 baht for me and 20 baht for the bike to enter the city walls. The site is a large area with a large wall around the perimeter. Following is the temple in the middle of the site.



This is the temple from the other side.



This is a photo of the other temple ruin which had a number of what I think are called lingas.



The site is along the Khwae Noi River and was a nice place to sit and read the brochure about the ruins.



Below is a shot video I put up on youtube of the main ruin at Muang Sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment