Pages

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Khmer Temples and Buddhist Hell

My next day's ride was along a big National Park in Thailand Khao Yai. I have visited the park in the past and really enjoyed it but will have to return sometime when I can give it a bit more time.

My first tourist stop of the day was a bit outside of the city that is so nice they named it twice. Nakhon Ratchasima or the name I use Khorat.

Prasat Hin Phanom is another small Khmer temple.





I moved on to the north side of Khorat to Wat Pa Roi. When I look at places, I want to stop it is a bit of time before I hit the road so forget about the place and get a bit of a surprise at what I find.

I walked around the amusement park type of temple and then descended through the Buddhist hell area.












The plan was to head a 160 Kilometers to the north and find a hotel close to my next dot on the map. I rode about 40K and was hot and tired and saw a sign for Phimai. 30 Kilometers sounded much better than 120 and I enjoyed seeing Phimai years ago so spent the night in Phimai and visited Prasat Phimai.





Below is a short video I did of Prasat Phimai.



Another good day on the road even if I passed through hell on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment