Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Gay Pride Parade

I do not make a point to see the gay pride parade when it happen every year in Amsterdam but this Saturday I was near the Amstel river so decided to walk a bit along the path of the parade. The road along the river was very crowed between Muntplein (Mint Square) and the Blauwbrug (Blue Bridge). It was a bit of a fight to get through the crowd but at least I was not the poor postman attempting to get through with his bicycle loaded with mail to make delivers.
The above picture was taken along this crowded section of the river and close to the first apartment that I lived in when I first moved to Amsterdam. Once I got to the Blauwbrug the rain started and I was drenched in a few minutes but the rain cleared out the street so it was easy to walk the rest of the way down the river where the parade was. It is really surprising how cold Amsterdam can be in August.
This picture was my last view of the parade at the Prinsengracht (Prince Cannel) at least for this year and I continued my walk through the rain to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment