Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Music in Amsterdam

One of the things I really enjoy about living in Amsterdam is that there are a couple of places close to where I live that have concerts. They are small venues but still get some pretty good bands. The places are called The Melkweg and The Paradiso. There is also a bigger venue called the Heineken Music Hall but I don't enjoy it near as much. The feeling in the Music Hall is just not as good and I have been spoiled by going to the smaller venues. I have also been to the Arena to see a show but it is really huge and is the stadium that is used for the Amsterdam Soccer team Ajax. The bigger venues are also not so close to home and another down side is having to buy tokens or a type of electronic card to buy concessions.

I have been to the Melkweg now 3 times since returning to Amsterdam. I have seen You & Me at Six a UK punk band, Blue October a rock band out of Texas, and Less Than Jake a Ska-Punk fusion band out of Florida. I really enjoyed all 3 of the concerts and even got pulled up on stage for Less than Jake to show they let old people into their shows. Being on stage was not enjoyable but I did get a fee beer out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment