Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Beaches, Temple and Mountains

From Sanur I tried avoiding the center of Denpasar but not sure if I really did or not. I seemed to be lost alot of the time. At some point I saw another foreigner on a motor bike with a surf board on the side and figured he knew where he was going so started following him. At one point he seemed lost so I went on past him and at the following intersection I saw a sign that said “Echo Beach”.

I rode down to Echo Beach and paid a fee. I had not read about this beach in the guidebook but it was a surfer’s spot. I enjoyed setting in a cafĂ© having an ice coffee and watching the surfers. Here is a picture of echo beach.
From echo beach I just kept going west. A lot of the times I have such a hard time finding things that it is amazing how at times I just hit the tourist spots without even trying. I just rode into the parking lot of the Pura Tanah Lot temple without even knowing where I was. I had to dig out the guidebook and read about it to make sure what it was and if I wanted to go in or not. I decided it was worth the entrance fee and found it a really pretty setting for a temple. Here is one of the pictures from the temple.
I rode west once again and took some drives suggested by the guidebook that lead down to beaches. I did not find these drives all that great but the beaches where attractive.

After the second beach I headed back north into the central mountains. I decided to call it a day when I reach Bedugul a town in the Danau Bratan area that I visited a number of days before.

No comments:

Post a Comment