I planned to stay in Chumphon for 2 nights and do a bit of sightseeing around the city. My plan was to use the following route for my sightseeing. I ended up adding in places I skipping on the route to Chumphon from the day before and then skipped some of the sites around Chumphon due to afternoon rain.
Site to see in Chumphon
My first stop was at Wat Sala Loi or Wat Chao Fa Sala Loi (วัดศาลาลอย or วัดเจ้าฟ้าศาลาลอย) but it appeared to be closed so only snapped a photo.
Nong Yai Wooden Bridge (สะพานไม้เคี่ยม หนองใหญ่) was my second stop of the day. I didn't make the full 40 minute walk of the lake going over and around it. I only walked to the middle of the bridge and then moved on.
Cape Pathiu was supposed to be a stop yesterday but I ended up skipping it so added to this day. There is a pier here for Lomprayah ferries to Koh Tao.
My camera lens must have been fogged over because my pictures are awful so not posting them.
I stopped along Ao Bo Mao Bay and snapped a photo and then rode up to the Shrine of Krom Luang Chumphon Khet Udomsak at Laem Thaen and snapped more pictures of the bay and a statue.
I rode up the steep road to Khao Dinsor Viewpoint(จุดชมวิวเขาดินสอ) and was rewarded with an amazing view of the coast below.
My next stop was at Saphli Beach (หาดสะพลี).
I was sitting at Saphli Beach when the sky opened up and ended what up to that point had been a gorgeous day.
I decided to keep going through the rain and made it to Laem Hua Mong-Kho Kwang Viewpoint (จุดชมวิวแหลมหัวโม่ง-คอกวาง). I think this place may make for good views without the rain.
I stopped for a coffee and dripped all over the coffee shop. The rain seemed to let up so I went on to Khao Matsee View Point (จุดชมวิวเขามัทรี).
I was riding up the hill to the viewpoint when the rain became heavy again.I parked snapped a picture and sat down under a small shelter to think what I wanted to do next.
I looked at my route and came to the conclusion that checking off things on a list was a bit silly. There were no must see sites on this list so the dry hotel seemed like the one site I wanted to see.
A bit of a sneak peek to the next day post, rain rain and more rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment