Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Prachuap Khiri Khan to Chumphon

I was bound for Chumphon (ชุมพร) on this ride. Google limits the number of stops you can have on a route plan so I broke this ride into 3 routes. Following is the link to the first section and the screen shot of the route.

Wat Ao Noi to Turtle Sculpture



I started my 2nd day at Ao Prachuap Bay (อ่าวประจวบ) in the town of Prachuap Khiri Khan (สถานีรถไฟประจวบคีรีขันธ์) since I hadn't stop to take a picture yesterday.

I ended up going through a military base and got asked where I was going. I don't usually know the name of my next stop until I get there so took me a bit of time to figure out via Google maps to find the name Klong Wan Beach (หาดคลองวาฬ). I had to sign in and was off through the base and to the beach.

When I arrived at this beach I found it difficult to access the beach. The beach seemed to be behind the resorts and took me a couple passes to find an access path where I didn't have to walk through a resort or hotel. Following are a couple of photos from Klong Wan Beach.





My next stop was at Lamkum Beach (หาดแหลมกุ่ม). Here are a couple photos along Lamkum Beach.





I stopped at Phra Mahathat Chedi Phakdee Prakat (พระมหาธาตุเจดีย์ภักดีประกาศ) but not sure the temple was worth the walk up the stairs from the parking lot.







I did enjoy the view of the beach below the temple.





Ban Krut Beach (หาดบ้านกรูด) was a pretty beach with a good length of beach road next to it so made for a pretty ride.







My last stop on this planned route was at the Turtle Sculpture.



This is the route link and screen shot of the 2nd part of this ride.

Turtle Sculpture to Bang Boet Beach



I took a bit of a detour and ended up at this pretty bay but couldn't find a name for it.



I set a stop on this small peninsula just to see what was there and seemed to be mostly a fishing community. I took this picture of a ship that has seen better days.



I had Hat Ton Thonglong beach marked as a stop but think I meant to turn down to the road that ran along the beach a bit earlier than I did. I back tracked a bit before stopping at the beach and getting a bite to eat. Not a bad spot for lunch.







Laem Son Beach (หาดแหลมสน) was on one side of the road and a bunch of fishing boats on the other side.





Following are a couple photos I took at Bang Boet Beach (หาดบางเบิด).





Bang Boet Beach is where I switched over to following the 3rd part of this day's route.

Bang Boet Beach to Sairee Beach, Chumphon



I took another detour into a village with a small harbour with a pier.





I believe the racks in this picture are for drying squid.



It was just after leaving this fishing village when it started pissing down rain. I somehow messed up the route on my phone and the thought of looking at beaches in the rain didn't appeal to me so I skipped most of the remaining stops on my route.

The rain let up a bit when I saw a sign for Thung Wua Laen Beach and decided to make one more stop.

I have been to Thung Wua Laen Beach before but thought it was called white sand beach. I went to Chumphon shortly after moving to Thailand back in 2020 and spent a day at this beach. This time the area was a lot busier even if there is no one in my beach pictures. The beach was empty this time due to the rain but in 2020 it was due to COVID.





I made my way from the beach into the city of Chumphon found a hotel and tried to dry off.

No comments:

Post a Comment