Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Chumphon to Ranong

Following is my route plan to go to Ranong from Chumphon.

Chumphon to Ranong



I wasn't 5 minutes away from my hotel when it started to pour. This dsy was full of rain rain and more rain.

I battled my way through the rain to Wat Suwan Khiri (วัดสุวรรณคีรี). Here are a few of my pictures from the temple.







I missed the turn for the Khao Fa Chi View Point (จุดชมวิวเขาฝาชี) but went a few kilometers down the road until I could make a U-turn and return to the access road. It was a very steep road with a lot of leaves and jungle stuff on the road. I didn't think about it when going up but trying to control my speed with the wet and the leaves caused me to be a bit nervous.

I made it up and down OK and snapped a couple of pictures where not much is to be seen. I think there are supposed to be great views across the water into Myanmar on a clear day.



The Punyaban Waterfall (น้ำตกปุญญบาล อุทยานแห่งชาติลำน้ำกระบุรี) is right next to the highway so you can see it a bit from the road. It is part of a national park so there is an entrance fee to go to the viewing platform. Even though I live in Thailand I would have to pay the tourist price which is 5 times the locals price. I am too cheap so only have pictures from the road bridge.



I made my way into the city of Ranong, found a hotel and tried to towel off.

After a bit of a rest I went to the Rattana Rangsarn Palace (พระราชวังรัตนรังสรรค์). This Royal palace is built from teakwood and is where King Rama V stayed when he came to Ranong.

I arrived just after the closing time but have read there is not much to see inside.



After a stop at the palace I stopped at the local market and bought a curry and rice for my dinner in my hotel room. I also bought a custard apple which seem to be currently in season and it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment