Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Too Old for a Mosh Pit

I usually post about travel but if you have watched some of my recent videos you will notice a bit of rock music added to my clips. I enjoy some heavy music so decided to do something a little bit different and went to a heavy metal music festival in Bangkok called Rock Alarm.

It was a 2 day event over the weekend and my first mistake was going to the event at 11 AM on Saturday morning. Here is the short video I uploaded to YouTube of the first bands I watched, Sisweet, My Chemical Rotee, Saint After Six, Tersa, Akria Kuro and Uppercut.



This is the 2nd short I uploaded with the bands, Bands, Owl Town, Versus, Silence of Genocide, Last Dream and Jimmy Revolt.



This is the last short I uploaded while in Bangkok and the only one of the main bands that preformed on the large stage. This is of the band named Ebola.



I was looking forward to seeing the band after Ebola that was scheduled to play on the main stage and enjoyed the first song and 1/2 of the band Big Ass and then the sky opened up and the rain came down. Most people tried to find a place out of the rain and the band kept playing unit the sound system went out. It appeared the band was still going but without any sound system they stopped at some point. After it seemed like the show would not go on I went into the indoor stage and watched a band there.

They ended up restarting the main stage bands at some point on the smallest stage and I was told the following day that Big Ass played on this little stage. I made it to the small stage for a little while until I decided it was too crowded for me and found a chair and set in the rain a ways away from the small stage and just listened. I was told by someone that the band on stage was Oblivious but I was the oblivious one and found out after I got back home and was looking at my video that I had seen Big Ass on the small stage and didn't know it.

I said I made a mistake getting to the concert at 11 that is because I was tired long before the night's headliner came on stage and went back to the hotel missing the last 2 bands of the night. On Sunday I didn't go until 4 in the afternoon and was able to make it for all the big name bands and stayed till the last song finished at midnight. Most of the bands were a bit heavier metal than what I like but it was still fun and I did avoid all the most pits.

Following is the video I put together with a few pictures and clips of the concert as well as catching the train in Kanchanaburi.

No comments:

Post a Comment