Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Floating Market, Concert, Temple and Park

I decided to go to another concert in the neighboring providence of Ratchaburi. I booked a room for 3 nights and hopped on the motorcycle for the hour and half ride down to the city.

I didn't really understanding what was going on in the city or where the concert would take place. I had 2 different places marked on my map and decided I would try and find the correct location the day before the concert. The first place I stopped at on the map was the correct location and the following picture is the bands that will preform over the days of the festival.



The festival has a large number of food vendor and I took a picture of the stand selling bugs to snack on if you are into that sort of thing. There are also some rides for kids and different arcade games. I would compare it to a county fair in the US.



I was staying a lot longer than I needed to for the concert so had time to kill. I had time to play tourist and remove a few pins on my map.

On a recent post I talked about Samut Songkhram Floating Markets and that I still had some pinned on my map that I had not yet marked off. I decided with my time to kill to head to the most well known floating market in Thailand, Damnoen Saduak ตลาดน้ำดำเนินสะดวก.



I had always thought that this floating market was just a big tourist trap and I still think that is true but when I go into a place like this expecting to be disappointed it is often the case I enjoy it. I found it sort of fun watching all the boats crammed into a small area and then it started to rain. I bought a ice coffee and watched the people on the boats getting wet and waited for the rain to pass.

Following is a short video I uploaded to YouTube and a few pictures at the market.





After the rain let up I got on the bike and rode to another floating market I think I got from a youtube channel. I didn't enjoy Ban Phaeo Floating Market ตลาดน้ำบ้านแพ้ว.

Not sure why this is called a floating market. It just seemed to be a market along the river. I did have a good and cheap lunch here but would not recommend this market to anyone playing tourist.



I think I have had Wat Sam Phran วัดสามพราน pinned on my map for as long as I have lived in Thailand. It is in Nakhon Pathom between Bangkok and Kanchanaburi and I have often thought about stopping and seeing this temple but I usually am wanting to get through Bangkok or wore out from the ride through Bangkok and just want to get home.

With it being about 30 minutes away from the market I decided it would be a good day to remove the pin of the snake or dragon winding its way up the pink tower.



I took the elevator to the 16th floor and climbed the 2 floors of steps to the roof. The 10 baht was well worth the cost and not having to wind my way around the tower from within the body of the snake. I did walk down to make sure I didn't miss anything but there was nothing to see inside the snake.



This is a picture of temple next to the pink tower and that I did not even go into and only saw it from the roof.



I believe that this is called a Bodhisattva statue.



These dragons or nagas were guarding the entrance to the parking area.



I made my way back to my hotel after a good day of playing tourist. Rested a bit and then headed out to the concert. It was a good show and I arrived back at my hotel a bit after midnight.

I visited Hin Khao Ngu Park อุทยานหินเขางู on my final day in Ratchaburi.

No comments:

Post a Comment