Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Hitting The Road. Oh No!

I took off to go and play tourist and knock some places off my to visit list. I was off to a great start of a trip but then on the 2nd day my phone hit the road.



I rode the motorbike to the city of Suphanburi and after getting a hotel went to the Dragon Descendants Museum. I got a late start so only arrived for the last group going through the museum. I found going through the museum a bit disappointing. I was given a device to hear the tour in English but the tour in Thai was so loud in some rooms I found it really hard to follow the English coming through my headphones. The displays were all about Chinese history with one room about Chinese descendants in Thailand.

I went through the museum as soon as I arrived since I knew I was running late and walked around the rest of the area after the tour. Following is a short video I uploaded to YouTube after the museum and the museum was in the dragon.



The following day I visited Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat Historical site in Suphanburi and then rode to Wat Muang in Ang Thong province. I also visited Wat Sang Kratai, Wat Tha It and Wat Khun Inthapramun in Ang Thong province. I then rode to Saraburi and visited Wat Phra Phutthabat and Wat Tham Krabok.

I left the last temple and was driving towards the city of Saraburi on a major highway with a lot of traffic. I had my phone in my shirt pocket and hit a big bump in the road and my phone took flight. I pulled off the road and went back to see if I could find my phone. I saw the phone in the road about a second before a car drove over it and I heard the crunching and watched it bouncing up and down. When the traffic cleared I retrived the parts of what use to by my phone.

Live and learn. I was not hurt and my phone was a relatively cheap phone. I was going to just keep going and buy a new phone but I knew I couldn't remember all my passwords and things to restore my phone. I returned home and then bought a new phone. I have a new phone and have now enabled the photo backup to take place over mobile data and not only when connected to WiFi. I lost 2 days of pictures which is the thing that upsets me the most. I can always return to these temples if I really want to have the pictures and it is a small price to pay for being stupid. I would have been really upset if it would have happen on my return from the rocket festival and I would have lost weeks worth of pictures and videos.

Sorry not a very positive post but after 2 days at home I plan to hit the road again tomorrow but hopefully nothing will really hit the road this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment