Pages

Friday, July 19, 2024

Temple Building Progress in Kanchanaburi

I visited Wat Mettadhamma Pothiyan back in Feburary and today I rode out to see the progress of the construction. It seems like the progress of the base of the big Buddha is moving along but but honestly I thought there would be moe progress.

Following is a YouTube short I uploaded of the temple today and my favorite part is the cute little kid.



I also stopped by Wat Tham Khao Laem which I visited when I first moved to Kanchanaburi. I am too lazy to climb the stairs again but can't tell if they have made any progress on this temple.





I have also been riding past a site that I believed would be a new temple. The last time I went by I took the following picture and the zoomed version.





I did a bit of looking on the internet and believe it will be Phra Borommathat Chedi and will look something like the followig picture when completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment