This is the link to route I followed from Songkhla to Pattani.
The next three provinces (Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala) that I will be traveling in have a travel advisory about them as follows.
"The U.S. Department of State issues a Level 3: Reconsider Travel advisory for the provinces of Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat due to civil unrest and ongoing insurgent activities.Key
Advisory Details
Overall Rating: While most of Thailand is rated at Level 1 (Exercise Normal Precautions), the far southern border provinces carry an elevated warning to reconsider travel.
Security Risks: Sporadic violence, bombings, shootings, and arson attacks occur in the region involving insurgents and security forces.
Targeting: Tourists are rarely the primary targets of these attacks, but collateral risks remain high for anyone caught in the wrong place at the wrong time."
This is not the first time I have traveled somewhere with an advisory but am still a bit nervous. I'm writing this a few days later and have had no issues.
It was a bit of a long ride before my first stop at Teluk Samilae Beach (หาดตะโล๊ะสะมิแล). I found this to be a very pretty beach and sat and enjoyed an ice coffee while watching the surf rolling in.
I saw on Google maps that the road continued north another 10 kilometers to what appeared to be end of this outcrop of land at Laem Tachi.
Laem Tachi did not have much to see other than a couple buildings a bit of sand and a few goat but the ride there and back had some great beach views.
My next stop was at the mosque Masjid Kerisik (มัสยิดกรือเซะ).
I had marked the Pattani Skywalk but think it permanently closed but enjoyed riding around area and through Somdet Phra Srinagarindra Park (สวนสมเด็จพระศรีนครินทร์).
I arrived at the Pattani Central Mosque (มัสยิดกลางจังหวัดปัตตานี) as the call to prayer was going on so didn't enter the mosque.
I found my hotel and then went out for something to eat and made it another early night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment