Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

Sai Yok National Park and Krasae Cave

It is a new year and about time I get out and do something.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand started a program at the end of November called Amazing Thailand Expat Privileges that will run until the end of February where there are discounts offered to expats. I am an expat living in Thailand but there is really no check that you are an expat so anyone can use these offers. The national parks I was most interested in visiting where not included in the initial offerings. Last week I went to the site again and there are more parks included now and some in Kanchanaburi. I requested a ticket for Sai Yok National Park yesterday in the afternoon and received it about an hour later. I hoped on the motorcycle and rode a couple of hours to the park. The ticket along with my passport got me into the park for free.



The park covers a large area but most of it is not accessible. The park is 958 square kilometers or about 370 square miles. I only visited the area around the waterfall.



This is the bridge going over the Khwae Noi River or Small River Kwai to the waterfall viewing area where I took the top picture.





After visiting the park on my way back to the city I stopped by the area around the Krasae Cave. I visited this on my very first trip to Thailand way back in 2008 but thought I should stop again and take a couple of new pictures. The train tracks that go between Thailand and Burma or Myanmar is known as the death railway because of of the people that died building it during World War 2.





The cave is not that impressive but the views of the rails is amazing.



The ride to the park and the stop along the railroad tracks made for a good day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment