Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Huai Mae Khamin Waterfall

I talked about the offers at Amazing Thailand Expat Privileges in my last post. I decided to try and visit Erawan National Park but was told it was sold out. I don't know if this means it was sold out for the day or for the whole of the Amazing Thailand Expat Privileges. I tried 2 days in a row and got the same message so requested Khuean Srinagarindra National Park and received a ticket that said it was good for 24 hours. I got out and on the motorbike shortly after receiving the free ticket.

I could not find out a lot about Khuean Srinagarindra National Park but a friend had recommended visiting Huai Mae Khamin Waterfall so that is where I went. It was a pretty ride and once I pasted the turnoff to Erawan it was all new road to me. The following picture is from a coffee shop just before the Erawan turnoff.



I enjoyed walking around to the different tiers of the waterfall and following is a short video of some of the pictures and videos I took while at the falls.



My phone keep rebooting and shutting down while I was at the falls but I still wanted to keep driving on my little trip. I got the phone to keep working by putting it in airplane mode and using a different map app that has maps downloaded to the phone and does not require internet access.

I was a bit scared for the next few hours going down really bad roads through the jungle. I just kept hoping my map app was taking me the correct way and the motorbike would keep working as I bounced along the rocky road. I stopped and took a couple of pictures when I thought I was past the bad roads only to find myself on scary roads again a short time later.





I was thrilled when I made it to highway 323 that both me and my motorbike had survived. I was able to find a room for the night, some food and enjoy a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment