Pages

Monday, November 27, 2023

Wat Chai Chumphon Chana Songkhram and Loy Krathong

The weather has been really nice so I went for a walk. Even though it is the cool season in Thailand it is still hot in the middle of the day walking in the sun. I did make it down to Wat Chai Chumphon Chana Songkhram took a couple of pictures and headed back home.





A few days later and it was a holiday in Thailand called Loy Krathong. In most of Thailand this is for building or buying something that floats and placing it on the water as an offering to the goddess of water. It is also thought of a way of floating your problems away and having a fresh start. I also learned in a youtube video today that it is consider to be like a Thai version of valentine's day.

I went down to the park by the governor's house where I like to sit and read some of the time and posted this short video of what was going on there.



Most of my pictures did not turn out to well but I liked this one looking down the river as the Krathongs floated away.



After a bit of time at the park I hopped on the motorcycle and visited the temple again at the start of this post. I took a couple more pictures there of people floating their Krathongs and then one of the more of the temple at night.







After a bit of time at the temple I went by the glass walkway in town but it was really busy and the traffic was crazy so the only stop I made there was due to the traffic. I posted a picture of the walkway I took about a week before just so you have an idea of what I am talking about.



A good Loy Krathong for me and now all my problems are floating away.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know all your problems are floated away. Wish mine were. Cly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have exaggerated about all my problems floating away but it will be our little secret. Thanks for checking out the blog.

      Delete