Pages

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Checking Things Off a List

I save places on my map app on my phone when I find something I find interesting or at times I save a place just to use as a point on the map to use as a means to route a different way than the default way the phone will guide me. The problem with this is I don't always remove these points on the map. I have arrived at places and am confused as to why I would have saved this place on the map. The first temple I stopped at on my way home from the buffalo races had to be one of these or else it completely escaped me why I would want to visit this temple.

It did work great for taking the route I wanted to follow going through Bangkok and with making the drive on a Sunday morning the traffic was much lighter than my other rides through Bangkok. My first stop checked off the list.

The Red Bridge or Dolphin Watching Area was somewhere I saved as a possible place to stop when looking at places in Samut Sakhon province to visit. The traffic was bad from the escaped me temple to the Red Bridge and it rained on me most of the way. I did not see any dolphins and don't really understand why so many people were going to this place but number 2 got checked off my list.



Guanyin the Goddess of Mercy Shrine was the next stop on my list. I drove back to the main road made a left and another left at the next road. Turns out the shrine was at the other end of the red bridge and I could have walked here. Strange with so many people at my last stop at the center of the red bridge and at this end there was no one. Check number 3.



I visited the city of Samut Sakhon while taking the train going to the Train Market but both of my next 2 checks while in the city were too long of a walk for that day.

Wat Si Suttharam (Wat Kampra) did not have an impressive temple but large statue in front of the temple and the view over the river were well worth the check number 4.



Not sure if the eagle and naga are on the grounds of Wat Lang San Prasit but saw them when I arrived at the temple. The big golden Bhudda was on the temple grounds and a pretty site to go along with my check number 5.



Wat Ketmadi Sriwararam has a really large stupa and what I really noticed when driving up to the stupa was what appeared to be eyes near the top of the stupa. My picture does not capture the eyes and they could only be seen when at a distance. It reminded me of the eyes on the Chinese Soldier Tomb that I didn't even notice until later looking at my pictures from Wihan Phra Phothisat Kuan Im.

Wat Ketmadi Sriwararam seemed to be busy with a lot of ladies wearing white. I have no idea if these ladies were pilgrims or female monks. Not sure if this was a special day at this temple or if it is this busy with ladies in white every day. I should have tried to figure these things out but instead I made a big check next to number 6.





The last big check mark of the day was when I parked the motorcycle back at my home in Kanchanaburi. This map point will be saved on my map because I plan to use it a lot in the future. I love going out and playing tourist but also love having a place to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment