Pages

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Wat Thaworn Wararam

In the center of the city of Kanchanaburi there is an area along the river with about 4 temples all together. I have no idea if there is any type of association between the different temples but seems strange to me that they are all next to each other. The first picture is of what google maps called History Hall of Somdej Phra Yansangwon. Not sure if this is really a temple but sort of looks like one to me.



I had been down to the Chinese temple of Wat Thaworn Wararam on another day and it started to rain on me so I just stayed on the motorcycle and made the circle around what I call a pagoda and did not explore. This time I wandered over from the hall next door where my bike was parked a gave it a bit of better once over.





This is one of those temples that seems to have a mix of cultures and religions. It has Buddhist images but others that seem more Taoist to me. It seems very Chinese but the little I have found online about the temple says it was originally built by people from Vietnam.



The next two photos are inside the above building.





If this guy had a beard you would think it was a image of me.



There are great views over the river from the grounds of this temple.



Below is a very loud short video I posted on Youtube. I would recommend turning down the volume prior to clicking on the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment