Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Wihan Phra Phothisat Kuan Im and The Bridge Over The River Kwai

It is another week in Kanchanaburi for me and another visit to a temple that is new to me. This time I visited the Chinese temple of Wihan Phra Phothisat Kuan Im. I need to stop visiting temples in the hottest time of the day with the sun beating down on me but I still enjoyed walking around the grounds of this colorful temple.



I have read that the temple is dedicated to Guan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy. I assume she is the giant lady in the middle of the temple grounds.



The doors were closed to the main building so was not able to go inside the temple itself but just wonder around the outside.





The temple is on the river Kwai next to the famous bridge and on the opposite side of river from the main part of the town. There are great view of the river and the bridge from the temple grounds.



Below is a short video of the temple and the bridge I posted on youtube.



There is a Chinese Soldier Tomb behind the temple for soldiers that died in WWII fighting against the Japanese. I only stopped briefly and snapped a picture. I only noticed the face below the helmet later when looking at the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment