Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Bats Bats and more Bats or Flying Foxes

Happy Halloween to one and all.

I figured that bats sort of fit in for this holiday so am publishing this on the witching eve even though I visited these creatures of the night the week before the holiday.

On my trip playing tourist in Chachoengsao I visited Wat Pho Bang and the fruit bats or flying foxes that populate the area around the temple. I found it thrilling watching them fly around above me so when I heard about another temple in Pathum Thani with a cauldron of bats that also had an observation tower it was added to my list of places to visit. Also cauldron is a wonderful word to describe a colony of bats.

Following is the compilation of the videos that I took while in the tower. It is over 7 minutes long so may be a bit too much for most people but I think I spent close to an hour watching these things fly around. It was a bit creepy and every once in a while one would fly straight at my face and veer away at the last second. When the sun set it felt even more creepy. The idea of me not being able to see them flying at me made me make a dash for the motorcycle and get behind a locked door away from those blood suckers.



If 7 minutes of bats is more than you can take maybe one of the two shorts I uploaded when watching the bats is more to your taste. They are only 1 minute or bats each.



No comments:

Post a Comment