Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2016 The Year That Was

2016 is over and now it is the time to look back at year that has just finished.

It was another year with me having no real home and living on the road but it may have been my slowest year on the travel front only being in 6 countries. I spent most of the year in Mexico even thought this is not a new country for me it thoroughly impressed me. I have really enjoyed Mexico and am writing this blog from Mexico City.

I had a couple of first for me on my travels and it is just a surprise that it took this long to happen. I was pick pocketed in Mexico city and I forgot a camera on a bus. Both of these were painless but still hope to not repeat either.

I also took my longest bus trip so far on my travels going from Killeen, Texas, USA to Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. It was about 32 hours in total with 5 transfers. This is not something I think I will do often.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from 2016.

Mexico Pictures.

Agua Azul Waterfall


Canon del Sumidero


Santuario de Guadalupe in Morelia


Palenque


Meal in Patzcuaro


San Luis Potosi


Tenotihuacan


Tula


Uxmal


Uxmal


Guatemala Pictures

Sunset in Flores


Panajachel


Quirigua


Santa Lusia Cotzumal


Semuc Champey


Tikal


El Salvador Pictures

El Tunco at Sunset


Lago Coatepeque


Suchitoto


Suchitoto


Honduras Pictures

Copan


Copan


Pulhapanzak Waterfall


Red Macaw


Belize Pictures

Lamanai


Me at the top of one of Lamanai pyramids


Spider Monkey


Woodpecker


Xunantunich


Well that is all I have for last year. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment