Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Jicama the Fruity Root

I know it is strange for me to keep posting about fruit but it is something I enjoy and am amazed at all the different things you can eat but let me know if you are sick of me only posting about fruity things.

When leaving Guadalajara I bought a cup of fruit to eat on the bus and it was a mix of watermelon, pineapple, papaya and cucumbers but also a white fruit or vegetable that I was not sure of.

The chunks of white stuff had a sweet taste to it but a slight turnip flavor. It seemed a bit large to be a turnip and I had never tasted a root with such a sweetness. Later when I was walking around in Morelia I saw a vendor selling a thing that resembled a big lollipop but made out of some fruit. I bought one and he asked which topping I wanted on it and I point at one of the 4 choices I had to pick from and this is what I ate. Note the picture was taken after my first bite.

What I had eaten twice turned out to be Jicama. I like trying different fruits but I never would have expected something that looks like the following to have a sweetness to it and honestly I would have never bought it in the market based on it's appearance if I hadn't gotten it in my fruit cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment