Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Lucha Libra in Guadalajara

I said in a post before that I had a busy Sunday in Guadalajara. I spent the day watching Charros (Cowboys) being mean to horses and cows at the Rodeo. In the evening I went to watch Lucha Libra (Free Wrestling) where the men called Luchadores (Wrestlers) were being mean to each other.

I think all I know about the Mexican wrestling is from the 2006 Jack Black movie Nacho Libre. I enjoyed going to watch this but think the wrestling and the Jack Black movie are about the same quality. For me both the movie and the entertainment of the wrestling got better with the more beer I drank but still I'm not sure I would recommend either.

I had a front row seat for the event and I apparently was setting in the section for the bad guys which was appropriate since a couple of times I understood the bad guys were the Americans. They seemed to spend as much time fighting out of the ring as inside and feel into the crowd a couple of times. I was glad it did not happen in my section.

I didn't take any pictures but got the following videos.



I think the following video is a match in the "Mini-Estrella" or "Minis" division.



This video from the last match had 5 guys on each team.

No comments:

Post a Comment