Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Motorbike ride near Thakhek in Laos

Way back in January I traveled between Don Det in the 4000 Islands area of Laos up to Vientiane stopping at a few towns along the route. While in Thakhek I rented a Motorbike/Scooter and rode around enjoying myself being on a bike and seeing the beautiful scenery. Below are a couple of pictures and a few seconds of video from me holding my camera out while zipping along the road.




Most of the backpackers that rent bikes here do a large loop of the area visiting the Tham Kong Lo cave. I was not sure I was up for 3 or 4 long days on the motorbike so kept it to shorter rides visiting the closer caves and visiting farmers fields as in the picture above.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Keith!
    I did the Bolaven plateau last year on a scooter, great memories.
    I see you rented a semi-automatic, that's the real Asian deal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea Daniele I reread your blogs on the Bolaven Plateau when I was in the 4000s islands to see if I wanted to attempt it. The bike I rented was a Zongshen so a Chinese Bike and changing gears was a bit clunky but still a lot of fun.

      Delete