Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Transport week is over.

The week is over and I have only touched on some of the ways to get around Bangkok. There are a number that I know about that have I have not covered and am sure there are tons of more options that I just don't know about yet.

There are motorcycle taxis.



There are rickshaw type of bike taxis and here is a link to a post about restoring a Samlor.



There is the MRT or underground.



There are Sorngtaaous.



And lastly this photo is what I use most of all to get around Bangkok.

4 comments:

  1. Sorngtaaous :) I've never seen it spelt quite like that, although it's completely understandable! English transliteration of Thai leaves a lot to be desired...even the official ones. Do you know the translation of songtheaw สองแถว ?

    I too like to use my feet wherever possible, even if it is sweltering hot! Where are you off to next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the spelling from the lonely planet. I never seem to get anything right from the spelled word and have to hear it about 100 times before I am anywhere close to someone understanding what I am saying. The only sentences I say correctly are "I don't speak Thai" and "I don't understand".

      In Korat now but my vacation is getting close to over so will be headed back to Bangkok in a few days.

      Delete
    2. Korat! That's a bit off the beaten tourist path. Take lots of photos :)

      Delete
    3. Well this is the 2nd time I have been in Korat it is closer to my girlfriends home. Just being lazy this time and playing in the pool and have been to the zoo.

      Delete