Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bangkok Normal Tuk Tuk

The normal Tuk Tuks seem to be all over Thailand and the one type of transport I really try and avoid.



The first thing I dislike is trying to agree on a price. Since there is no meter it is best to agree on a price and you sort of have to have an idea on what it should cost. Usually the price that I have been quoted is above what it would cost to take a metered taxi when I know what the price would be.



The other thing I don’t like about the Tuk Tuks is I find them uncomfortable. This is mostly due to my size and as in the above picture of the rather full tuk tuk it seems the lady has a very nice seat but for me my head may be touching the roof of the tuk tuk if I set the same way. The problem for me touching the roof with me head can make it a bit painful on a bump and I also can’t see around me. I usually take a slumped position and one time I just sat on the floor but for some reason the driver did not like that at all.

2 comments:

  1. I like tuk tuks, despite the negatives you've pointed out, which I agree with. The traffic fumes, you forgot the traffic fumes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the traffic fumes. I took one a few days ago and the fumes got to me a bit.

      Delete