Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Ubon Ratchathani

This is a picture of Votive Candle Statue in the center of Ubon Ratchathani.
After walking past this statue we went thought the Ubon National Museum and wondered thought the temple Wat Si Ubon Ratchathani. From there we walked down to the river Mae Nam Mun and walked down to an island that is in the middle of the river. You can see the bridge on the left side of the following picture that goes out to the island. I don’t think the bridge is made for people that weigh as much as me but I made it over and back without a problem.
We spent a lot of the afternoon just setting in these peaceful little huts in the middle of the river. This is a picture of Na in the middle of the river.
At dusk we walked back in the direction of our hotel. On the way the street seemed full of people and at one point there was some sort of group of people forming some sort of parade. In another place there was a guy in the street that seemed really happy and I think he may have been a bit drunk. The guy grabbed my hand and seemed to want to dance so I danced a ways down the road, I figured it would be rude not to dance along. I guess I am not that good of a dancer because it took Na a bit of time to stop laughing. Since then She also has told a number of her friends all about it. We caught a tuk tuk a short distance after my dance and I left my ballroom career on the streets of Ubon.

The following day I did a bit of stuff to deal with my new job but trying to find a place to scan a document was not so easy. Luckily the new job was happy with a picture of the document and we could move on the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment