Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Work what a concept

I have had 2 days of work now. I am enjoying it. I have a lot to learn and am sure it is going to take me a long time before I feel like I know what I’m doing. It has been over 2 years since I had a job and close to 12 since I have worked for a new company. After a little bit of training I will be doing support work for a vendor of an Ethernet Switch/Router.

I am even enjoying the commute right now. It takes me around 30 minutes from my house to get to the office on my bike. I figure it will be a few weeks of trying different routes prior to figuring out which I think is best. It helps that the weather has been really pretty for my first few rides and I have been going via a park on the west side of Amsterdam which, makes for a pleasant ride. The enjoyment may end on the first day I encounter rain but loving it now.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the rest of your first week at the job went smoothly. Sure you will feel right at home in the work force real soon. Bet it is hard getting back in the routine after 2 years off!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete