Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chengdu

The big thing I wanted to do in Chengdu was to visit the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base. I found the visit to the Pandas well worth the trip to Chengdu. We arrived in the morning so it was feeding time for the Pandas and they were out and active. I say active, well that may be stretching it a little, it may be better to say they were out and eating.
I seemed to take a large number of pictures hoping that I would like one of the pictures. In the case of red pandas it was a good thing for all the pictures that I took I only liked a couple of them.
After walking around for a while I was back at one of the enclosures and 2 of the pandas were playing. I wish I would have got a picture of the panda upside down on the swing but I was never quick enough. I did get a short video clip of them playing and but after trying to upload it I think I will have to wait until I have more bandwidth. After visiting the pandas and having lunch, which I talked about in my previous post, I went to Temple Park. Temple Park is the home of the Green Ram temple. There are 2 bronze goats and one is made to look like parts of various different animals. The sign said if you rub the part of the ram that currently is ill it will cure your illness. I rubbed the legs but it did not seem to do anything for my sore legs. I guess maybe I rubbed the wrong part since I did his forelegs and that might be equal to my arms and my arms feel great so maybe it dose work.
I guess some of my dad has rubbed off on me because I also spent some time in Chengdu walking around in a market looking at the difference produce. There are some things I have no idea what they are but sorry no pictures or at least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment