Pages

Friday, May 24, 2024

Home from the Rocket Festivals

My plan was to be away from home for a full month but I decided to come home a week early. When I was traveling full time I made a point to take days where I would do nothing. Even on the days you do nothing you will have to go find things to eat. I would also do things like wash clothes on these nothing days so not truely nothing days but just taking a break from travel. I found that I needed one or two days a week to not get burned out on travel. I knew I need to take a couple days off but decided to just go home rather than spending a couple of nights in a hotel.

My night in the southern part of the Phetchabun province was the closest I had been to home in 3 weeks and my plans was to go north and further away from home. I prefer to not book hotels in advance when I travel so plans can change at a drop of a hat. I hopped on the bike and headed towards home.

I looked at the route and saw that I would be traveling through Singburi which was a new province to me and I had not looked at what was worth seeing there before hitting the road. After a bit of looking I decided Bang Rachan Memorial Park and the Warriors Monument in the City of Singburi would make for a good visit.

Following is a picture of the Warriors Monument. The park was empty in the middle of the day but I assume it would be busy later in the afternoon when it started to cool down. It had nice looking walking or running trails and a pretty lake.



When first entering Singburi there where welcome signs that had tourist sites of the province. Two of these I did not see on my brief search. When I found them on the map they would have added to my days drive and I was eager to get home. I added these to my list of sites to visit so this day my list grew rather than shrank.

Another long day on the motorbike but the end of a great trip. I have already posted my rocket festival video but post dating this post to the day I arrived home. Following is my trip kilometer count for this 3 week trip. About 3200 kilometers or 2000 miles.



Next year more rockets but until then I still have a lot of Thailand to see. Thanks for following me along on my playing tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment