Pages

Friday, May 17, 2024

Ho Chi Minh’s House in Nakhon Phanom

From Sakon Nahkon I was headed to the province of Bueng Kan. I decided to go via the city and town of Nakhon Phamon and follow the Mekong River into Bueng Kan.

I had visited this city and province way back in 2014 and posted a couple of pictures in these posts. Nakhon Phanom Face and Nakhon Phanom Face.

I didn't visit Ho Chi Minh's house (บ้านลุงโฮจิมินห์) back in 2014 so decided to stop by when I was going through the city. It is the home where he hid between 1924-1931 when he was leading the struggle for Vietnam’s independence from France.



After a short visit at the house I continued north and tried to find roads that followed the river but for the most part failed. I found places I could drive down to look over the river but for the most part didn't find a road going north with river views.



I found a hotel and spent the night in the town of Ban Phaeng which is still in Nakhon Phanom but close to the province of Bueng Kan. I rode down the dirt road along the river and took a couple of pictures of the river in Ban Phaeng.



No comments:

Post a Comment