Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Chaiyaphum

This days mission was to visit some attractions in the province of Chaiyaphum. I followed the GPS on my phone through the villages and hills of Chaiyaphum headed to Moh Hin Khao (มอหินขาว). I really enjoyed the ride going to visit what I have read someone call the Stonehendge of Thailand. I believe unlike Stonehenge these are natural rock formations.

They are an impressive group of rocks.



I was surprised to see a jack fruit tree with a lot of fruit growing at this site. I would have loved to take one of these with me but was sure I am not supposed to take one and also have no idea how you know if the fruit is ripe.



I stopped at another group of rocks a bit up the hill and took a few more pictures.



There is a term in Thailand that fits me really well most of the time, Cheap Charlie. There was a view point further up the hill from the Stonehenge site but there was an entrance fee and it was the normal dual pricing that is common in Thailand. I would have to pay five times the price that a Thai person has to pay. I just could not figure out the price for a non-Thai from the sign so asked and when the lady told me the price, I said no but thank you. I later watched a YouTube of the view point and think being a Cheap Charlie this time was the correct choice.

I rode down out of the hills and into the city of Chaiyaphum to visit an old Khmer temple called Prang Ku Chaiyaphum (ปรางค์กู่ชัยภูมิ). I call all these old ruins temples but the sign here said it was a medical station.



My last tourist attraction in Chaiyaphum was Wat Kut Ngong (วัดกุดโง้ง). I didn't come here for the temple but for the colection of Sema or Boundry stones. Some of the stones did not have much left of the orginal carving but a few were impressive.



I was the only person at Wat Kut Ngong so decided it was a good time to take a picture of my bike. It has done great on another trip. I think at times that bike does so much better than the ridder.

No comments:

Post a Comment