Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2026

Short Update on Building at Phra Borom That Chedi Manikan (พระบรมธาตุเจดีย์มณีกาญจน์)

I have not been up to much lately but was talking to a friend about one of the temples and the building work that is being done and decided to go for another visit. I had not been out to Phra Borom That Chedi Manikan (พระบรมธาตุเจดีย์มณีกาญจน์) in about 6 months and the link is to my last post.

I could not ride past the new standing Buddha that they seemed to have just installed at the enterence of the site. They were busy working when I arrived and still had a large crane next to the large standing Buddha.



The following picture popped up on my facebook feed so I stole it and posting it here since it is a different view point of the temple and a great picture.



I also went out to the Wat Mettatham Photiyan (วัดเมตตาธรรมโพธิญาณ) which I also visited 6 months ago and wrote about it in Another Visit. For 6 months work I was not impressed with the changes that I could see. It seems that have added about 20 or 30 feet to a few of the walls that I believe will be the base for the large Buddha.

This is a picture from outside of the building.



These are pictures from the inside of the building and the 2 walls that have increased in height.



I will try and visit these sites again in 6 months or a year and do another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment