I had planned to go from Ranong south into Phang Nga and then back up to Surat Thani but changed my mind in Ranong and went straight to Surat Thani. I plan to go through part of Phang Nga later on this trip.
Following is a picture of the route I ended up taking.
Sorry this is going to be a boring post and I didn't even take one picture on this day.
I headed out on my bike for another day full of rain. I saw a guy riding along on his bicycle with panniers on the front and back and I thought I'm not enjoying the rain but at least I'm not him.
I started by riding up to Ranong Canyon and it looked more like a lake than a canyon. I thought I would keep going down the road that went past the canyon until it hit the road going west to east. I didn't understand why my phone was telling me it would take so long to go what seemed like a short distance.
About 5 kilometers past the canyon the road got really narrow and had places with about 6 inches of water covering the road. Maybe a kilometer later the pavement ended and there was a steep hill. I started up the hill but quickly thought this was a bad idea.
I turned around and went back through Ranong and took the main highway.
I think the route going from the west to the east would normally be a nice ride but with the heavy rain I can't say I enjoyed it.
I didn't have any problems reaching Surat Thani but was happy when I arrived, found a hotel for the night and dried off a little bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment