Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2026

Nakhon Si Thammarat to Phatthalung

This is the link for my route from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Phatthalung.



My first stop of the day was at Masjid Salahudin (มัสยิดซอลาฮุดดีน). I assume I picked this mosque from Trip Advisor but not sure what is special about it from the other mosques in the area I passed to get to this one.



My next stop was at Sanam Na Muang Public Park (สนามหน้าเมือง นครศรีธรรมราช) but didn't see anything special in the park but found the temple type place across the street attractive. It was called San Lak Mueang Nakhon Si Thammarat(ศาลหลักเมืองนครศรีธรรมราช).



My last stop before leaving the city was at the Old City Wall, Nakhon Si Thammarat (กำแพงเมืองเก่า จังหวัดนครศรีธรรมราช).





I rode around the island of Koh Yai that sits in the middle of Phatthalung Lake. This is one of the pictures at a random stop.



I stopped at Koh Yai Grand Canyon (เกาะใหญ่แกรนด์แคนยอน). I think the Thais use the terms grand and canyon a bit more freely than I think is appropriate.





I did enjoy see the swans at the so-called canyon.



I noticed a temple next to the lake and needed a stop so took a break read a bit of a book and snapped a picture of the lake and one of my bike.





I had rode down the road between the Gulf of Thailand and Phatthalung Lake, went around the island and then had to ride back north and turn west on what I think is route 5050. A long section of this road is raised over a wetland type of area and is really pretty. There are signs every few meters of the birds in the area and made for a very nice ride.



My last stop along the lake was at Lampam Beloved Pavilion (ศาลาลำปำที่รัก).





I did find the tourist being pulled in small boats sort of funny. I am sure I would have flipped these boats that look like bowls if I was in one.



My last stop of the day was at the cave temple of Tham Khuha Sawan (ถ้ำคูหาสวรรค์).





Another good mostly dry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment