Pages

Monday, April 29, 2024

Too Many Pins on Google Maps

Since I last posted I have got out and participated in the giant water fight that is Thai new year or Songkran. I played for 3 days and It was a lot of fun but since I did not want to get my phone wet I didn't take any pictures this year. Since I didn't have any pictures I decided not to post anything.

I am now doing some planning for going to the Rocket Festivals again. I hope to visit some of the provinces in the northeast that I have not been to before either after or in between the festivals. My planning mostly consists of dropping pins of places I want to stop at on google maps. I still have loads of places I have pinned in the past so now my google maps is a confusing mess.



I decided today was a good day to remove a few pins. I hopped on the motorbike and headed to a group of ruins about 20 kilometers (12 miles) from my home. The ruins are on the edge of the town called Lat Ya and Wat Pa Lelai (วัดป่าเลไลยก์) was my first stop. This temple is from the Ayutthaya Period and there is not a lot to it. It has a couple of building and the remains of a stupa.







I stopped at another pin on my map of a ruin and didn't even take a picture. I then rode back across the road to Wat Khun Phaen (วัดขุนแผน). All of these ruins are from the Ayutthaya Period and the tower hear did remind me of the Ayutthaya ruins. I stopped at a couple more ruin location without taking any pictures before heading home.





I got a number of pins off my map but it is still a mess.

This short outing showed me I may have a really hard time on my trip to the rocket festival. Both me and my phone do not like this heat wave that Thailand is going through. My phone got hot and switched to dark mode on google maps which I can not see in the middle of the day. I need to work out some way to keep the phone cool before leaving this coming Friday. Worst case I go old school and buy a map and try and use the road signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment