Pages

Monday, March 18, 2024

Wat Hin Thaen Lam Pachee and on to Hua Hin

I have not been up to much lately but keep saying I need to get out for at least a small road trip. I finally forced myself out of the condo and took the ride down to Hua Hin.

I set google maps to take me first to Wat Hin Thaen Lam Pachee (วัดหินแท่นลำภาชี). I did this to try and avoid the major highway going south and check off one of the place I had bookmarked on the maps.



I don't recall why I bookmarked this temple but it is an attractive place which appears to be a temple on top of a boat.



I seem to really like these Buddhist protectors that are around the temple. I am often either taking a picture of one of the four guardians of the world or a pink elephant.





I picked another spot on the road between the temple and the city of Hua Hin that would keep me off the main highway and continued my ride south. I stopped when passing another temple and snapped a quick photo but now have no idea of the name of the temple.



I stopped by Wat Yang Nam Klat Tai (วัดยางน้ำกลัดใต้) for this quick photo.



I have used a religious park as my spot on the map to keep me off the main highway but when I arrived the parking was about a kilometer away from the sites and they wanted 20 baht to take a tram to the sites. I had been out on the bike for about 4 hours in 100f/37c degrees and did not feel like sitting around waiting until enough people arrived for the tram to leave. I hopped back on the bike and went on to Hua Hin and found a hotel with air conditioning and enjoyed a beer.

Hua Hin is a beach town and I have visited it in the past. I find the beach over rated and didn't even visit the beach on this trip. I just used going here as an excuse to get out and do something. There is a saying that it is not the destination but the journey. I don't usually feel this way and I usually have something I want to see or do at the destination but this trip that saying rang true.

No comments:

Post a Comment