Pages

Monday, February 13, 2023

Riding the Rails to Bangkok

I wanted to make a change to my visa in Thailand and to make this change I need to leave the country. I book a flight out of Bangkok to Laos but first I had to get to Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok. To be on the safe side I booked a hotel near the airport the day before my flight so had all day to get to Bangkok.

Taking the train out of Pattaya was one of the items on my to do list so why not do it the day before my flight. Here is a short video of the station and a bit of the trip.



I also posted a short on youtube of the station and leaving the station and it has got more views than anything I have posted on youtube. I would have thought the short of the buffalo races would get the most views but maybe the word Pattaya in the title gets the attention of the youtube algorithm.



The train is the slowest way to get to Bangkok other than walking so once I got to the station where it was possible to transfer to the airport link that connects Bangkok with the Suvarnabhumi airport I was happy to hop off the train. I thought there would have been food and drink vendors on the train but never saw any on the almost 3 hour ride so was a bit hungry and thirsty. I had planned to take the airport rail into town and then work my way to Don Mueang but decided to go one stop to Suvarnabhumi airport and get something to eat.

While eating I remembered there is a free shuttle between the Bangkok airports so did an internet search and found where to catch the shuttle. I had to show them my passport and details of my flight the following day and got a free ride on an almost empty bus.



It turned out to be a long day of travel but has to be the cheapest way to get to the Bangkok airports and one thing checked off my to do list of thing to do while in Pattaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment