Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Wat Cheen Pracha Samosorn and Wat Sothonwararam

Wat Cheen Pracha Samosorn (Wat Leng Hok Yi)

I get a bit confused when places have two names. I don't know if it is really 2 different temples or a single temple spread out over a large area.

There seemed to be 2 different Chinese temples with a large tower and some large statues in between. There seemed to be construction or renovation work going on so was not sure what was open and what was closed.



I also visited the Ban Mai 100 year market but everything was closed. I think it was one of these market that is only open on the weekends. Google maps said it would be open when I was there but not the first or last time I am fooled by google. I wondered around the closed shops for a bit and took a picture of a man in a boat.



Wat Sothonwararam is the main temple in Chachoengsao and I have read that it get loads of tour bus visitors. It was busy when I was there but being it was the middle of the week not too bad. There is supposed to be an important Buddha image but I either missed it or it was under the tarp that people were kneeling in front of praying.



I enjoyed the open area around the temple and found a chair on the covered pier along the river. It was a nice cool place to sit and happily watch and river flow past.

No comments:

Post a Comment