Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday's Face-Bergama, Turkey

I failed this week to get a photo of a person's face that I liked well enough to include in this weeks Friday's face. I have decided to use a photo from this week of the the Mosaics floor in the Acropolis complex outside of Bergama rather than using an older photo in my collection.



This is just one of the faces from the floor that is called the mask mosaics in the ancient city of Pergamum from the time of Alexander the great. I found the mosaics really impressive and in great shape and was surprised they only seem to have been discovered these mosaics in 1990.

I also found it interesting that these mosaics are in Building Z. I just found the name building Z a bit ominous and along with not see any buildings A through Y anywhere.

This is not the best way to start a new year without a real face but I guess I need to work harder on capturing people in my photos. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment