Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Prickly Pear Cactus Fruit

This is another post about me trying a fruit that I don't think I have had before. I have seen the Prickly Pear Fruit off of a cactus a number of times so I knew what it was when I saw it on the streets of Amman but did not really know how to eat it or what it taste like.



The photos above are of the stand with the fruit and the gentleman selling the fruit. He peeled the fruit for me and the following picture is what I ate.



The taste of the fruit reminded me of a Cantaloupe Melon but had small really hard seed in the center. At first I swallowed some of the seeds but then decided maybe you should not eat the seeds so spit some of them out. It seems to not have mattered where some people eat them and others don't.

This is a bit of a short post but all for now until my next fruity encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment