Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tainan

I was waiting for the bus to Kaohsiung when a taxi pulled up and said Kaohsiung for the same as the bus so I went ahead and took it. I ended up sharing the taxi with a couple from Hong Kong. At Kaohsiung I got a train on to Tainan. In Tainan I did the most of the walking tour that was in my guidebook stopping at a number of temples. I got a little bit tired in the day so stopped about ¾ of the way through and went back to the hotel and had a bit of a rest before finishing the tour in the evening. Tainan seemed like a very busy city and it was my least favorite of the places that I visited in Taiwan.

When in Taipei I had noticed some of the people in costumes being lead into the temple after they had done there little performance. I had never really noticed these costumes are always in the middle of the temple. I noticed them at the Matsu Temple in Taninan and here is a picture of one of the costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment