Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sukhothai

From Chiang Mai I caught a bus to Sukhothai and for some reason the first night I seemed to have a little bit of a rash. I was not sure what caused it but did not sleep well since I was itching most of the night. Since I did not sleep well I just laid around the next day and did not do much and the rash seemed to go away during the day. Late in the afternoon I decided to take a shower and as soon as I stepped out of the shower I noticed rash was back. This lead me to believe that the rash was some sort of reaction to the water.

Even though I did not sleep well the next morning I went to what they call Old Sukhothai. This is a few kilometers from the city and is the area which was the Thai Capital during what is know as Thailand’s golden age. I rented a bike and rode around the different ruins and it may have been due to the lack of sleep but I did not think that much of Sukhothai. I like the Buddha images but as far as the ruins I liked some of the sites I visited in Thailand prior to and after Sukhothai much better.



I washed the evening after riding around Sukhothai with bottled water and slept really well that night. I had planned on visiting another site with ruins near Sukhothai but not being that impress with Sukhothai and being afraid to take a shower I figured it was time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment