Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Nong Khai Day One

I made a couple of stops in Beung Kan before getting to the province of Nong Khai. I saw a big standing Buddha in a temple so stopped and had a look at it along with setting for a bit and loonking across the Mekong river at Lao. I did not make a note of the name of this temple.



I then stopped at Wat Ahong Silawas (วัดอาฮงศิลาวาส). It was a pretty temple but it is supposed to be the location of a whirlpool that spins from June to September but I was a month too early for the spinning water in the river.



Back in 2008 I took 2 years off work and traveled. I visited Nong Khai and attempted to visit Sala Keo Kou but failed. The sculpture park was my first stop in Nong Khai after leaving Beung Kan and making it to this site only 16 years late. Following is a short I uploaded to YouTube and added music this time.



This park reminded me of the park I visited last year that is less than 2 miles or kilometers away as the crow flies on the other side of the Mekong river in a different country. Laos Buddha Park

I think the short video captures most of the high lights of the park but still have included a few pictures below.





I went on into town and visited Nong Khai's main temple Wat Pho Chai (วัดโพธิ์ชัย).



My last stop of the day was along the Mekong River and the big Naga Statue. It was another hot sunny day and I did not spend long here and assumed I would return in the evening when the area is busy and lots of things for sale. It did not turn out way and I did not make it back to the walk way along the river.



I found a hotel and then went out to find something to eat. I later returned to the hotel and rested up for the following day of exploring a bit more of the provience of Nong Khai.

2 comments:

  1. Like the video with the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I worry some people will not like my taste in music.

      Delete