Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Walls of Malta

For someone like me that likes to visit fortification a place like Malta is paradise. It is more like a walled country then just a walled city. That is a bit of over stating the facts but if seemed to me like everywhere you look in Malta there is a wall with the beautiful blue of the Mediterranean sea either in front of or behind it.



There are walls next to walls. I can not imagine the amount of work it must have taken to build up all these walls. I know I have heard about the effort that must have gone into building the pyramids but it must have been just as much work to fortify Valletta as building one of the pyramids.



This is a stitching of a number of picture put together to show the size of Valletta and the walls involved and this is only one side of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment