Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chinese Walls

I have saved the great wall for my last wall picture of the week. I was lucky enough to visit the The great wall wall in China twice but was also impressed with all the walled cities in China.

This is the great wall at Badaling.



This is the great wall at Simatai.



The city of Pingyao is a walled city about half way between Beijing and Xian. I took a number of pictures of the walls here and was surprise by how often I was completely alone on the walls.



When I was in Xian I rented a bike and rode around on the wall.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos Keith. I wish I'd got to see the wall in places, other than the very touristy part just outside of Beijing...sssoooo many people. And, believe it or not, the most vivid memory from that day was being passed by a bus load of Chinese tourists, all of whom were sound asleep, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Snap, Both of the places that I went to were rather touristy but luckily not packed. I would really like to see more of the wall but still so many place I have not seen.

      Hope you are enjoying your time in Thailand. I am looking forward to see where you went.

      Delete
  2. Hi Keith, I'm not in Thailand yet :) that's early next year...still haven't finished writing about Cambodia/Malaysia. I'm a little bit spare time poor at the moment.

    ReplyDelete