Saturday, April 21, 2012

Monkey in the Tree

Borneo was one of the best places I have ever been for seeing wildlife. This is a photo from Bako national park close to Kuching Malaysia. I had read that seeing Proboscis Monkeys is very common in the park but I had been there a few hours before seeing the first one. I was thrilled when I saw one and then they seemed to be everywhere. This one was right next to the dock where the boat had dropped me off when I arrived at the park. I don’t think he was there when I arrived or I walked past him twice before seeing him.

1 comment:

  1. We took a trip down the river in Brunei to see these. There were quite a few of them in the mangroves, but I couldn't get a good photo or video due to the poor lighting. I think you were lucky this one was so out in the open.

    I enjoyed Kuching too, pretty down near the riverfront.

    ReplyDelete