Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Railway Cemetery

I messed up on the date for a post last week and one by my cemetery photos was posted out of sequence. I have added this one in to take its place.

This is the Kanchanaburi Allied War Cemetery and one of the 2 cemeteries that I visited around Kanchanaburi. Kanchanaburi Thailand is the home of the bridge over the river Kwai. These cemeteries are filed with the graves of the POWs that died while building what is referred to as the death railway during World War II.

I blogged about my 1st time in Kanchanaburi and my 2nd Visit here.

4 comments:

  1. Keith, I've walked around this cemetery and even recognised some names on the head stones...writing the details down, just in case they were some distant relative or friend of a relative.

    I liked Kanchanaburi, but I don't think we stayed in *the* right part of town to fully appreciate it from a tourist's point of view...or perhaps not!

    I'd love to go back there for a few days to explore even further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope this link works...but I really liked this cemetery in Kanchanaburi

      https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=519954BD935979B2&id=519954BD935979B2!2751#cid=519954BD935979B2&id=519954BD935979B2!2777

      Sorry I couldn't code it, your're comment box wouldn't except it :(

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Sorry my comments section is giving you a hard time. I am sure I have something set wrong in Blogger but not sure what. Was the cemetery with the Chinese looking tombstones right next to the Allied War Cemetery?

    I stayed in the center of the town rather than out by the river when I was there. I enjoyed the location because I could walk to the area by the bus station at night where all the food vendors were setup but also walked all the way out to bridge that seemed to be the more touristy part of town.

    ReplyDelete